The Latest News
- Captain Johnathan Hillstrand Outraged: Pebble Mine is Deadliest Mine September 30, 2013
- Staggering National Support to Save Bristol Bay September 16, 2013
- EPA chief hears Pebble mine arguments in SW Alaska visit August 28, 2013
- BBC goes to Bristol Bay July 25, 2013
- Bristol Bay fishermen team up with major retailers and chefs to raise awareness of legendary salmon run, Pebble Mine threat July 18, 2013
Videos: Bristol Bay
See all of our supporters >>
Our Fishery: A National Treasure
Boasting five major river systems, deep lakes, and an environment remote from commercial and industrial development, “The Bay,” is an American national treasure; a fishery that is expertly managed for sustainability and future generations.
Pebble Mine: A Massive Mistake
The Pebble Mine would create a four square mile open pit mine that requires construction of massive earthen dams to contain toxic tailings in an area prone to earthquakes. The waste that it is supposed to contain is enough to provide 3,000 pounds of toxic tailings to every man, woman and child on earth.
Throughout 2013, we are organizing commercial fishermen from both Bristol Bay and around the country to build political support for our jobs through a variety of grassroots activities. For more information, please email Ben Blakey.
“I cannot imagine a worse place for a mine of this type, unless it was in my kitchen“ - Former Alaska Governor Jay Hammond