The Latest News
- Bristol Bay Sockeye Splash Down in Boston March 16, 2014
- Commercial Fishermen Applaud EPA for Beginning Process to Protect Bristol Bay February 28, 2014
- BBRSDA Airs New Ad Thanking Senator Begich on Pebble Position January 22, 2014
- Begich on Pebble: "Wrong mine, wrong place, too big" January 22, 2014
- Senator Cantwell Leads Rally for Bristol Bay: 12:30pm Thursday, January 23rd January 18, 2014
Videos: Bristol Bay
See all of our supporters >>
Our Fishery: A National Treasure
Boasting five major river systems, deep lakes, and an environment remote from commercial and industrial development, “The Bay,” is an American national treasure; a fishery that is expertly managed for sustainability and future generations.
Pebble Mine: A Massive Mistake
The Pebble Mine would create a four square mile open pit mine that requires construction of massive earthen dams to contain toxic tailings in an area prone to earthquakes. The waste that it is supposed to contain is enough to provide 3,000 pounds of toxic tailings to every man, woman and child on earth.
EPA’s decision to initiate Clean Water Act protections in Bristol Bay is monumental for our fisher, but our work is not done yet! Throughout 2014, we are organizing commercial fishermen from both Bristol Bay and around the country to continue to build political support for our jobs through a variety of grassroots activities. For more information, please email Katherine Carscallen.
“I cannot imagine a worse place for a mine of this type, unless it was in my kitchen“ - Former Alaska Governor Jay Hammond